Spectra Geospatial and Aplitop collaborate on tunnelling survey solution
Information from Spectra Geospatial
Spectra Geospatial is collaborating with Aplitop, a supplier of specialised surveying and civil engineering software. This collaboration provides surveyors and geospatial professionals with a complete hardware and software solution for performing tunnel construction surveys.
Combining the Spectra Focus 35 robotic total station with the workflows of Aplitop TcpTunnel, running on the ST10 or Ranger 7 data collector, enables tunnel surveyors to perform excavation control, automated survey and stakeout of tunnel cross-sections. In the office, data and designs can be transferred seamlessly between TcpTunnel CAD, a plug-in for several CAD platforms, and TcpTunnel Field Software.
The Spectra Geospatial and Aplitop solution provides a full featured workflow for tunnel constructions surveys including:
- Definition of the project design elements such as alignments and templates that can be transferred between the field and office
- Tunnel drill and blast setout as well as reporting on the difference to design positions
- Automated data collection for the quality control of tunnel excavation process using tracking mode
- Accurate stake out of key design features and anchor bolts along tunnel alignment
- Graphical reporting of the differences between design and survey data to calculate over and underbreak volumes and areas to ensure design conformity
The Focus 35 total station, ST10 tablet, Ranger 7 data collector, and TcpTunnel software are available through the Spectra Geospatial global dealer network.